I recently received some excellent leadership advice from WALKTHETALK.com. Absolutely excellent leadership advice for any situation, in any industry, now or in the future. Follow this simple advice (not so simple to apply and live!) and you will dramatically improve the positive impact and positive results from your leadership!
Here are three important Leadership Reminders from us, the people you lead:
- Keep your promises. You don’t have to promise things just to make us feel good. We’re more interested in being able to depend on what you promise than in feeling good. Just keep the promises you do make and we’ll trust what you say.
- Speak out for what you think is important. We can’t read your mind. We don’t know how you feel if we have to guess how you feel about something, we may guess wrong. Please save us the trouble. Tell us how you feel and why. We’ll respect you so much more.
- Do what you say you are going to do. Just let your “yes” be yes and your “no” mean no. When you tell us you’re going to do something, we should be able to consider it done.”
In the heat of battle and in everyday living and leading:
- It is so easy to NOT keep your promises.
- It is so easy to NOT speak out for what you think is important.
- It is so easy to NOT do what you say you are going to do.
But all those you lead, and everyone else in your personal and professional life is begging and pleading that you:
- Keep your promises.
- Speak out for what you think is important.
- Do what you say you are going to do.
Three simple reminders that will dramatically improve the positive impact and positive results from your leadership!