Achieving Clarity for More Effective Leadership
In this increasingly chaotic and demanding world, effective, focused leadership has never been more difficult or crucial. As a leader, you must continuously sharpen your focus in order to achieve greater clarity for precise and strategic leadership. In a refreshing break from the ordinary, I provide proven strategies for achieving and communicating greater clarity, illustrating each concept through powerful imagery that features my personal photography throughout America the beautiful.
I begin by briefly describing how I’ve had the privilege of traveling extensively all across America and have taken over 185,000 photographs during those travels. Sharpen Your Focus is a unique presentation, based on crucial building blocks of leadership excellence and powerfully illustrated by beautiful photographs taken during my travel and experiences from all across America the beautiful.
I also establish the premise that in an increasingly chaotic and demanding world, it’s easy for leaders’ focus to slip, often resulting in emphasis on activity more than strategy, which ultimately reduces effectiveness.
I then address the three areas that every leader must clarify for their team or organization:
- Where we are now
- Where we are going
- How we will get there
Using powerful and thought-provoking analogies that I convey through imagery, I explain 8 actionable strategies for sharpening focus and achieving and communicating greater clarity in those areas:
- View from different angles – get the full picture
- Take frequent snapshots – take notice of everything
- Be an explorer – see and experience things firsthand
- Frame your masterpiece – communicate your vision
- Showcase your unique style – define, nurture and exemplify your culture
- Make a plan – be intentional about your priorities
- Use the right tools – seek out the best people, skills and resources
- Be ready to adapt – be okay with changing methods as times change
I conclude by briefly reaffirming the necessity of achieving leadership clarity and communicating your vision, and I encourage leaders that it definitely is possible to become more effective in the midst of the chaos. I then provide information regarding additional resources, and finish with a strong and compelling call to action for each event attendee to internalize and apply these crucial strategies in their leadership.
Sharpen Your Focus is relevant for all leaders who realize the importance of focus and are seeking greater clarity in order to increase their effectiveness and lead their teams and organizations toward success.
Whether they are feeling overwhelmed and ineffective in the face of this increasingly difficult and demanding leadership environment, or they are poised and in control – all leaders can and should reaffirm these proven leadership principles and learn from the unique perspectives offered through this presentation.
This presentation can be delivered as a keynote or a leadership workshop. Length can range from 45 minutes to 2 hours, completely customizable to your group’s needs. The ideal keynote length is 60-90 minutes.
- Participants will realize the critical importance of gaining sharper focus and communicating greater clarity to improve their effectiveness as leaders.
- Leaders will be equipped with relevant and actionable strategies and additional resources for bringing clarity to their organization and achieving greater effectiveness. These strategies will be easily understood and remembered thanks to the powerful imagery reinforcing each one.
- Participants will be refreshed and encouraged by the unique material and will be equipped to increase their personal leadership effectiveness or that of their leadership team.
- I have been developing my own leadership skills throughout my life, of which over forty years have been spent in major leadership roles. I have thirty years of experience as CEO or founder, leading my organizations from the ground up (to see my full bio, please click here).
- I firmly believe that everyone – no matter title or role – is a leader, and that intentional leadership development is an incredible strategy for success for every individual and organization. I know that priceless lessons can be learned from the world around us if we simply take the time to look.
- I have spent decades traveling across and photographing America the beautiful. I have seen and experienced every corner of our nation, and have taken over 185,000 photographs in the process. I am always looking for leadership and life lessons in the things I see, and I am passionate about sharing those lessons with others!