“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance;
the wise grows it under his feet.”
Happiness is a choice.
I believe happiness is an attitude, not a state of being. And just as we can choose our attitude, we can choose to be happy. It’s not always easy, but I do believe there are choices we can intentionally make every day that will lead to happiness.
I recently read a brief blog post shared on HelpOthers.org, titled “25 Choices that Lead to Happiness.” Below I’ve posted ten of these choices that I’ve found almost always work in my own life:
- “Eat healthy. Splurge periodically!”
- “Keep your body fit and agile.”
- “Be kind to strangers you encounter.”
- “Express GRATITUDE…constantly….for your blessings.”
- “Prayer. If you feel God is distant, it isn’t God who moved.”
- “Replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts….or with expressions of gratitude for things big and small.”
- “Look at challenges as opportunities to learn and grow.”
- “Give money to people in need, without judgment.”
- “Do things that are FUN…regularly. Be playful!”
I can guarantee you, if you intentionally make and follow through on the choices above, you will discover greater happiness and success!
How about you, what choices would you add to the list?