Forbes recently published an interesting article titled Top Executive Recruiters Agree There Are Only Three True Job Interview Questions. Contributing author, George Bradt, wrote the article.
Bradt argues that there are only three true job interview questions:
- 1. “Can you do the job?
- 2. Will you love the job?
- 3. Can we tolerate working with you?”
Bradt writes, “That’s it. Those three. Think back, every question you’ve ever posed to others or had asked of you in a job interview is a subset of a deeper in-depth follow-up to one of these three key questions.”
- Can You Do the Job? – Strengths
- Will You Love the Job? – Motivation
- Can We Tolerate Working With You? – Fit
As a leader, it is likely that you frequently engage in interviews with potential members of your immediate and extended team. In order to most effectively invest your valuable, irreplaceable time and energy conducting these interviews, burn these three critical questions into your mind – and then focus on what is most important:
- 1. Can She or He Do the Job? – Strengths
- 2. Will He or She Love the Job? – Motivation
- 3. Can We Tolerate Working With Her or Him? – Fit