“Reset priorities to face the new reality.”
“Keep investing in the core.” The most successful leaders and companies never stop funding their most critical competencies.
“Communicate like crazy, balancing realism and optimism.”
“Your customers face new problems, so give them new solutions.”
“Reevaluate people – and attract other good ones.”
“Reexamine compensation – what is it offering incentives for?”
The above quotes reflect excellent leadership advice that was included in a recent Fortune Magazine article titled, How to Manage Your Business in a Recession.
My reaction to this advice? Recession or no recession – in good times or bad – this is excellent, timely advice for all leaders and all companies throughout 2010 and beyond. Every leader and every company can improve in each and every one of these critical areas. And, the return on investment will be outstanding!
We are ending the first week of a brand new year and a brand new decade. What a perfect, appropriate and wonderful time to:
- Reset your priorities to face new realities.
- Keep investing in your core. The most successful leaders and companies never stop funding their most critical competencies.
- Communicate like crazy, balancing realism and optimism.
- Your customers face new problems, so give them new solutions.
- Reevaluate your people – and attract other great people.
- Reexamine compensation – are you incenting the most critical success factors?
2010 can be the very best year of your life, both personally and professionally. As a leader, you know that “If It’s To Be, It’s Up To Me.” So… make it so. Build and improve on your best leadership abilities to make 2010 the very best year of your life, both personally and professionally!